Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default The tale of gas cans continues:

Ralph Mowery writes:
In article , "frank says...

*I was looking at the data tag on a Poulan chainsaw , it said the
expected service life was 50 hours ... that was tied to emissions levels
, but from personal experience that particular make/model isn't one I
would ever buy again . My Stihl equipment has much better workmanship
and materials .

I have a cheap Poulan and it is a piece of crap. Some companies make
low cost item like that and high cost hold up much better.

Unless you know the product it is easy to get screwed over.

I bought a house with about 1.5 acres to mow. Bought a John Deere low
end mower. Transmission wore out after a few years. Found out many
people had the same problem. At the time I did not know Deere would
make a piece of crap, but they did.

Generally one gets what one pays for. You can buy a cheap JD at
Lowes or spend a grand more for a non-consumer-grade JD from the JD dealer.