Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

In article , mike wrote:
On 27-03-2021 12:35 Scott Dorsey wrote:

But I notice that you completely removed all of my
points about ZDDP.

Do you own a diesel?

No, but I often drive older cars with tappet bearings, and that includes my
daily driver. Oils formulated for diesel engines are likely closer to the
oil they were originally designed for, however.

The base oil gets better, but the additive package changes in ways that
may or may not be an improvement depending on your requirements.

Does your gasoline engine vehicle have a modern cat?
Does your state do periodic smog inspections on that vehicle with a cat?

No on both counts.
--scott