Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default looking for "less than premium" lumber.

On 3/26/2021 6:02 PM, Just Wondering wrote:

Weird question.

Â*Â*Â*Â*I'm looking to throw up a shack.Â* A temporary building, not
intended to last more than a couple years.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Yet every lumber yard I've found advertises "premium quality"
lumber.Â* Where can one go for "Good enough" lumber for those projects
which just have to be "done"?Â* Somewhere above the stuff used by
"B.A.R.F. Construction" ('cost a whole lot less, looks just a good.),
though.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Or am I stuck with having to contact a mill somewhere for the
grade 4 boards (every board guaranteed to have a knot, bark, cup, bow,
or for not more money a combination of two or more.)?

{Company I worked at used that stuff for shipping commercial
countertops.Â* The counter tops were first rate, the 'crates' - not so
much B-)Â* }

--
pyotr filipivich
"Have the Anarchists ever stopped to consider that if they bring

Could you recycle wood pallets?Â* A lot of places give them away.

Pallets in general are not a great source for wood. Unless brand new
there is no telling what they have been subject to. Dragged along
floors with, who knows what, toxic debris and containers spilling on
them. I have seen a lot of very nasty pallets.