Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 16:36:53 -0700 (PDT), marika
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 11:00:19 PM UTC-5, mike wrote:
On 22-03-2021 17:32 Bubba Smollett wrote:

If it meets the required API spec, it's good enough for me.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-.../dp/B07C5FF8RG

According to this video all three of these oils are the same
(and all three are definitely made by the same manufacturer)
https://youtu.be/l9il_piyuT8?t=668

Amazon Basics
Supertech
Kirkland fully synthetic

They're all the same oil made by Warren Distribution in Omaha Nebraska.

Not necessarily the SAME OIL just because it is blended and bottled
by the same company - but is LIKELY either the same or very close.
Even Shell and Mobil and Havoline make more than one kind of oil and
sell them under their own name and those of third parties. - they are
not all the same - - - -

nothing would occur to me to google something like that

I just would not think about it

mk5000

Harper Pitt: What are you doing in my hallucination?
Prior Walter: I'm not in your hallucination, you're in my dream.
Harper Pitt: You're wearing makeup.
Prior Walter: So are you.--Angels in America