Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On Sat, 27 Mar 2021 00:49:10 +0530, mike
wrote:

On 26-03-2021 22:02 Clare Snyder wrote:

OK Arlen - who are the "many manufacturers"? Honda is only one.

Why don't you believe what is found in many service manuals and what I have
in my hands right now? I have other service manuals but why would I even
look in my other service manuals if you won't believe what I am telling you
to your face is in my 1990 Q45 service manual (one came with every car).

BTW, don't know who Arlin is but do you want me to take a photograph of my
three inch thick green paperback service manual which came with my 1990 Q45?

OK, so Datsun (Nissan) and possibly Renault and MitsoShiity MIGHT
have that recommendation on SOME of their cars (although I suspect it
is Infinity specific - and POSSIBLY even model specific )

Tell me where to upload it for you and I'll upload for you page MA-6 which
shows a "R" replacement for the oil change every service interval and an "R"
replacement for the oil filter every other service interval and an "R"
replacment (with "I" inspections in between) for the air filter every fourth
service interval (based on kilometers/miles and/or months, whichever comes
first).

But why don't you first look up what you make up before you spew it anyways?

I didn't say Honda was THE only one - it was the only one actually
referenced in ANY of the sites stating "many manufacturers" - we now
have 2 - Honda and Nissan Infinity. 2 isn't exactlky MANY.