Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On 3/26/2021 2:18 PM, mike wrote:

How many owners manuals do NOT specify the oil change volume both with the
oil filter also being changed and the oil change volume without the filter?

How many owners manuals do NOT specify different maintenance intervals
based
on the type of service (for example the severity of driving conditions such
as "dusty conditions" and/or the total number of accumulated time and/or
total number of accumulated miles)?

I have my 1990 Infiniti Q45 service manual in my hands at this very moment.

Page MA-5 shows a one to one oil change and filter interval while the very
change and the air filter gets its "R" every fourth oil change interval
(the intervals being tabled under distance or time "whichever comes
first").

I can check others but you must have seen similar in maintenance schedules.

I've owned 25-30 cars. Every one specified oil and filter so that is
what i do. If you have different, fine follow it. Simple.