Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 20:50:41 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 03/25/2021 02:35 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 15:01:50 -0500, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 22:35:05 +0530, mike wrote:

On 25-03-2021 13:08 wrote:

Once it gets in the bottle it is the same as far as API is concerned.

I agree with you that oil is a commodity which people obsess about.
Mostly because advertisers want to give people something to obsess about.

Every brand is different but those differences won't matter much to us.

What matters mostly is how often we change it (IMHO).
Which itself matters mostly based on our weather & driving patterns (IMHO).

And even that is subject to a lot of personal opinion (IMHO).
Everyone makes their own assessment of what to use & when to change (IMHO).

(My personal opinion is twice a year for dino & once a year for synth).
(My personal opinion is a filter change roughly about once a year.)

I'm curious. If you're going to go to the trouble of changing the oil twice
a year, why not change the filter twice a year, as in, doing both at the
same time? It seems like only a small increment of extra work and expense.

How dare you question Arlen?

I find it much easier to filter him...

Pleated or non-pleated? Cardboard or steel end-caps? He filter level is 0.

--
Tekkie