Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
mike[_30_] mike[_30_] is offline

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On 26-03-2021 23:32 Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I care about making my car last.
Even a cheap car is a hefty investment

I follow the guidelines in the service manual that came with the car.

Following that book I've been driving my 1990 as my DD but since you're
worried I will tell you that for insurance against attacks by tigers
I've also carried an amethyst talisman in the trunk next to the manual.

Haven't been attacked by a tiger yet so like you say it must be working.

Other than replacing the fuel controller and fuel pump from that same trunk
a few times already and having to jack up the engine in front to replace the
plugs that Q45 still works fine using just the maintenance service interval
recommendations of an oil filter every other oil change as specified in that
three inch thick service manual that came in the trunk with every vehicle
sold and which stows neatly next to the talisman to ward off evil spirits.

Haven't had to replace the engine yet so like you say it must be working.