Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Getting a new energy tariff - or not

On 26/03/2021 16:05, Andrew wrote:
On 26/03/2021 14:24, Andy Burns wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

there is a very obvious need to separate production from
distribution and retailing.

But not with water, for some reason.

Not for domestic water supplies, but you can switch for businesses, e.g.

https://aquaswitch.co.uk

There is no way of interconnecting water supplies across the
country. Until that happens there cannot be a way for a 3rd
party to buy water from the cheapest source.

And water supply is only half the equation. removing and treating
'grey /foul + surface water' is the other half.

The cost is more like 1/3 for the water and 2/3 for treating wastewater.
I had a water meter fitted to a garden tap because I was paying the
water company for something they weren't doing. The meter will pay for
itself in 2 - 3 years at current usage.

--

Jeff