Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Getting a new energy tariff - or not

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 22:34:13 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

On 25/03/2021 18:44, Scott wrote:
On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 18:06:31 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:
On 25/03/2021 16:57, Michael Chare wrote:

These days nearly all suppliers want paid monthly by direct debit. One
difference is how often they change the amount that they want to take.
It is poaaible to ring your bank and ask them to reclaim a direct debit.
I did once do this. The bank were a little reluntant but they did do as
asked.

Why a monthly direct debit? Mine produces a bill every three months
and collects the sum due by direct debit.

Who does that? Did they offer that method or did you have to find out
for yourself? EDF and British Gas don't seem to offer that.

*Update* British Gas offers variable direct debit. I think it's
monthly payments but at least it's based on usage. I would never
allow the supplier to invent the amount.