Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
mike[_30_] mike[_30_] is offline

Default Blended synthetic motor oil

On 25-03-2021 23:12 Scott Dorsey wrote:

Not relevant, because "blended" doesn't mean what it seems to. In fact,
"synthetic" doesn't even mean what it seems to.

The vast majority of "synthetic" oils sold in the US are not legal to sell
as synthetic in Europe.

Hint: "synthetic" does not necessarily mean the base oil has been synthesized
from monomers. Even in Europe.

What always matters to me is HOW to make a rational intelligent comparison.

Does anyone have a good reference for what important specs to look for on
the jug of each container of synthetic (blended or otherwise) motor oil?

Or is all we've got the known General Motors, API and SAE certifications?