Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
mike[_30_] mike[_30_] is offline

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On 26-03-2021 19:35 Ed Pawlowski wrote:

If filters were $100 it would make some sense to wait.
For 10 bucks, give me a new one.

I explained in patient detail that oil filters don't wear at the same rate.
And yet you still make all your decisions based only on dollar bills.

Trust me when I say that I fully & completely understand how you think.
Many people are exactly like you are and in fact perhaps most people are.

They don't care to understand the design & engineering of the product.
They don't understand why the manufacturer recommends the intervals they do.
They don't understand that oil wears differently than do the oil filters.

More to the important point they don't care or even try to understand.
It's hard for them to even try to understand not everything is about money.

Like you they make all their decisions in their life based only on money.
Money is the only thing they understand because it's easy to understand.

And that's OK.
Replacing parts often and well before they need to be replaced works too.
You can change your oil filter for any reason and interval you want to.