Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How long does it take a microwave oven to warm up?

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 3/25/2021 5:20 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
writes:
On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 16:54:06 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Who would "cook" anything in a microwave. They are meant just to heat
things up unless "cook" just means make it hot to you.

What alternate reality are you living in?

Cook - the art, science, and craft of using heat to prepare food for
consumption
In other words "it tastes like **** but you can live on it".
I suppose there is no difference to some people between cooking a fine
meal from ingredients, not out of a can and nuking something in the
microwave.

You're assuming that you can't cook a fine meal in the microwave.

You are, as usual, wrong.

Most people can't. It takes a bit of technique to cook some items well.
Back about 35 years an appliance store sold them and gave classes where
you cooked a full meal. My wife and I bought one and took the class a
couple of nights and yes, that beef roast was damned good.

Sure, some stuff still is best the normal methods but with proper
preparation, using various power setting, you can do far more than heat
leftovers.

Of course you won't get crispy skin on your chicken but you can do amazing
things with boneless skinless parts. If you don't know how, it will be
chunks of rubber.