Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT: Weird wiring

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 07:53:46 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

" on Wed, 24 Mar
2021 01:21:16 -0700 (PDT) typed in rec.woodworking the following:
On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 10:14:48 PM UTC-5, pyotr filipivich wrote:

I've heard here in the USA the real estate market is on fire. Burning up. Now might be a good time to sell and start over in a new house. Sometimes logic is applicable.

The "five year plan" is to be in a "retirement community". Which
means that any "projects" have that as a timeline, not just for doing,
but for "payoff".
tangenting, we have a house, it is our home. Anything we do to it
is an 'expense' not an 'nvestment' (save that it is cheaper to fix
now, than have something fall apart). The question is "Will this help
us 'now'?" not "Will this improve resale value?"
Because there is so much which needs 'fixing', replacing,
upgrading, overhauling - all of which takes more time, money and
effort than I've got, especially in the time frame we have.

If I move into a retirement community it would kill me. We lived in an
apartment for a year, between "permanent" jobs, and I was contracting.
I absolutely hated it. If it weren't for the fact that we lived in
Amish country and their woodworking was so phenomenal, I would have
gone nuts. It's a good thing they were paying me outrageous money
(and overtime on top). While Amish furniture is relatively cheap,
it's certainly not free. A cherry dining room and bedroom did take a
chunk.