Posted to alt.home.repair
marika marika is offline

Default Does your car meet our standards

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 17:25:29 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

It seems to be becoming the norm to move every 7 years or so. I've had
multiple realtors tell me that. For us, we tend to get itchy around the 5
year mark and we're gone either that year or the next. The country is too
big to stay in one place for long.

Florida tax laws punish you for that. My real estate tax hikes are
capped at 3% a year as long as I live here based on an old appraisal.
If I move I start being taxed at 80% of the price of the house I buy.
You also lose a year of homestead exemption. Fortunately I like it
here. I am not sure where I would want to move too. If I hit the lotto
I might buy a summer house up by Bowman tho. I would just be out of
there before the first snow. My kids are in Northern Michigan and that
area doesn't grab me at all unless I was right on a fairly good sized
but not "great" lake and a lot of acreage.
I think I would be just as happy north of Tampa doing that. My buddy
lives there. (Odessa)
That is Keystone Lake 424 acres. Big enough to boat on.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Milts%20yard.jpg

I knew as soon as I opened it, that I'd regret it.

covet

mk5000

Mrs. Gert Hammond: I pickle things to preserve them. Like onions, cauliflower, peppers...

Sash: And men?

Mrs. Gert Hammond: That's not just any man, that's my husband!--Thundercrack!