Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 07:43:27 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 03/24/2021 05:14 AM, mike wrote:
Nice thing about Auto Parts Stores is they have a choice of brands.
Wix (aka Napa Gold) seems to fare well when people cut them open.

I use either one. It's hard to explain without a picture but the Wix
base plate is punched and threaded from the outside, while some are from
the inside. The former are easier to get started. With the Toyota I'm
reaching down from the top and screwing the filter on blind.

I bought my Toy filters from the dealer by the case for a great price and
included the crush washer in them.

--
Tekkie