Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does your car meet our standards

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 02:42:27 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 6:25:34 PM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 13:22:08 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Ah, well. My garage isn't attached to the house. It doesn't much matter which
way it faces.

Back in the early 90's I briefly rented a house with a detached garage. I
knew it wouldn't be an ideal situation, so I wasn't surprised when I didn't
like it. You get spoiled quickly when you can go to the garage without
going outside.

We've owned three houses. The second one had an attached garage.
I kind of miss it, but I don't miss the stink of cars inside the house.
Not the whole house, but the room adjacent to the garage.

I had a fire once in my garage. I was real happy it was detached.
Fortunately the physical damage was minimal but a lot of smoke
contamination.
There are a lot of fire code rules about attached garages that may not
have been followed in the past so be careful. One in particular that
gets abused sometimes in older houses is no sleeping rooms next to or
above a garage.