Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The tale of gas cans continues:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 22:20:18 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/23/2021 10:09 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 14:38:07 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

I bought a new plastic gas can last fall. I gave my daughter my tractor and gas can, and needed a new can for my push mower.

It's got a spout, and a little lever you hold down and press the lip against the edge, and it works fine. It was easy and I didn't spill.

They've obviously improved. The last time I used one of those I gave up and got my funnel.

Best of all, I found a gas station that sells ethanol free gas. I put a good bit of work into repairing that push mower and want to try to keep it going.

If I get my gas string trimmer working this summer I may just buy the premix. For the small amount I use, mixing oil isn't worth the hassle.

I have said this before but go to a pharmacy and get a 10cc syringe.
It makes mixing gas by the tank easy. Figure out how much the tank
holds in ML and do a little math. I wrote the number on the machines
with a sharpie.

You make it sound easy but not everyone has a Sharpie.

Cut your finger and write in blood. ;-)