Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
mike[_30_] mike[_30_] is offline

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On 23-03-2021 01:10 Francis S wrote:

Still easy to find conventional oil in the middle of Minnesota.
Personally I've been a synthetic fan for years though.

Yes but can you find it at your local Costco or at around $2.50/quart?

BTW, the Kirkland fully synthetic 5W30 motor oil I bought is API SP
(although this heating/cooling test showed some models are API SN Plus)
https://youtu.be/l9il_piyuT8?t=219

They tested the oil for a bunch of things that matter for motor oil.

They heated it. They cooled it. They looked for wear scars in bearings.
And they ran it in an engine & sent it out for chemical testing.