Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does your car meet our standards

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 10:33:31 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
news
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 02:43:41 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 09:32:58 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/22/2021 6:31 AM, kelown wrote:

The Montana Valley Apartments manager noted that the complex
doesn?t
allow cars with rust, dents, flat tires, or bad paint to sit in
front of
its complex.
If the people don't like the Apartment or HOA rules they should not
be
in them. They can always move.

True, if this is section 8 housing you won't get primo cars.

That's quite an elitist take on apartment affordability.

For the two houses I have bought I always ask the real estate agent
check to see if there are any rules or covents for the property other
than what the county has over all. Then put it in writing in the
buying
contract.

This issue has nothing to do with buying a house.

But the same rules apply from HOAs. One near me wants to ban pickup
trucks.

The biggest city in Lee County Florida (Cape Coral) banned pickups or
any kind of truck. I think they are backing off of that a little but
it is still pretty restrictive.They also have had other silly laws. I
don't keep track but I know in the 80s you couldn't leave your shoes
on the front porch.

There are plenty of HOAs that ban parking anything in your driveway.
It has to be in the garage and the door has to be closed.

Fark, why do you lot put up with **** like that ?

I have been in the Cape about 5 times in the
last 20 years. I wouldn't put up with that crap.

But clearly some fools do.

Most populous city in the county.