Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default 12 important questions and answers before considering vaccination

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 19 Mar 2021 15:54:19 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 14:53:38 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 19 Mar 2021 13:54:11 -0400, Oliver George
wrote:

https://www.infowars.com/posts/this-...-hoax-forever/

Infowars.

Here's a few more important questiosn they didn't include:

If I don't get vaccinated, am I more likely to get sick?

Yes.

If I don't get vaccinated, am I more likely to need a hospital?

Yes.

If I don't get vaccinated, am I more likely to get sent to the Intensive
Care Unit?

Yes.

If I don't get vaccinated, am I more likely to die?

Yes. 100,000 times more likely. Probably a million times.

If I don't get vaccinated and I don't die, am I more likely to have new
long-term health problems?

Yes. As much as a 33% chance of that.

If I don't get vaccinated, am I more likely to make my family and
friends sick?

Yes.

If I don't get vaccinated, am I more likely to send some of my family
and friends to the hospital?

Yes. At least the ones too stupid to have gotten vaccinated.

If I don't get vaccinated, am I more likely to send some of my family
and friends to the ICU?

Yes. At least the ones too stupid to have gotten vaccinated.

If I don't get vaccinated, am I more likely to kill some of my family
and friends?

Yes. At least the ones too stupid to have gotten vaccinated.

You missed the point Fauci and his gang said. The vaccine is not
proven to reduce transmission so you are not protecting others.

You have a pretty obvious mistake here. All you can say is, "The vaccine
is not proven to reduce transmission so IT IS NOT PROVEN THAT you are
protecting others." I don't have to explain why this sentence is
correct, right?

Further, there is quite a bit of evidence from israel that Pfizer does
reduce transmission, and Moderna is basically the same as Pfizer, so
that's another mistake.

Cindy just said this about it protecting you.

"The effectiveness of the Moderna is 94.1%; Pfizer, 95%,
Johnson & Johnson, 66%."

Since the survival rate of unvaccinated people is 99.7% or so those
numbers are somewhat un reassuring.

Scott is right. If you're comparing 94.1, 95, and 99.7, you shouldn't
be. They represent two different things that are independent of each
other.

I am doing the Pfizer Sunday but mostly because it was free and easy.
I am not convinced it is going to improve my life much if I still need
to wear a mask and avoid seeing people according to the government.

That's the thing so many people don't appreciate. You're not sick now
and if you don't get sick in the next 2 years, you probably won't know
-- I don't know how you could know -- if it's because you didn't meet
anyone with Corona, you did but you wouldn't have caught it from him
anyhow, or you would have caught it but the vaccine saved you.

But be assured, I don't know what all the percentage are but if you were
not vaccinated and you are not a hermit (and especially if everyone else
wasn't vaccinated but even if 50% or 90% of the people were) there is
good chance you would catch the virus, and if you did, a 10% chance you
would end up in the hospital, and 1) a 10% chance within that you would
end up in the ICU, and I'm guessing a more than 50% chance within that
that you would end up dead. and 2) a 33% chance you'd have long-term
sequelae**, serious medical problems.

But becaue the vaccine has a 95% chance that it would save you from all
of that, if you're not convinced now, and you don't believe what
researchers says, there will be nothing in particular to convince you in
the future. Many things, including I'm sure many things you believe,
can only be proven by statistically. But people pick certain things to
not believe statistics for.

And lets say 300 million Americans got the vaccine, and it's 5%
in-effective. That's 15 million people, and some percentage of them may
meet someone contagious, and he may end up sick, and instead of a 10%
chance he'd end up in the hospital, maybe there's a 1% chance he would
(and a 0% chance he'd end up in the ICU), but when some anti-vaxer finds
one of these people, and there are likely to be 10 or 100 or 100's out
of 300 million, they will announce that the vaccine didn't do anything,
that the virus faded away on its own, like some do. Even though it
didn't.

Most of the people who don't like this vaccine still took all the other
vaccines, and still gave them to their children. The odds that measles
would seriuosly injure a child was always very low -- I had measles. My
parents weren't worried, afaik -- but the measles vaccine made it near
zero. The same people who don't like these vaccines still gave their
children the measles vaccine.

When polio was at its worst, the odds were still slim that any given
child (or adult) would get polio, but if you got it, it was terrible,
sometimes fatal, sometimes lifetime paralysis, so just about everyone
rushed to get it, even though they would probably would never have
gotten polio anyhow.

Other diseases were the same.

So why is this time different. I can think of only one reason.

Only in the age of trump and several other mostly Republican idiots has
medicine and statistics been overridden for some by idolatry (of trump)
and partisanship. If we'd had any other president including even** Ted
Cruz, we would have lost 200 or 300,000 dead, let's exaggerate and say
400,000, but not 550,000 and climbing. Yesterday or the day before
trump said it's a good vaccine and people should get it, and he said
something almost as "strong" at CPAC, but has it said it strong enough
or in a video PSA to change any minds? Has he insisted enough to make up
for months of denying it, for the time he claimed a little girl got ??
some dreaded illness from the vaccine? Had he not denied how serious
Corona was and had he belittled the doctors or the vaccine, we would not
have 50 million people or more who don't want the vaccine, who will make
a pool for the virus to continue to live, to mutate, and maybe infect
and kill people whose vaccine was not built on the mutation, and for
which it doens't work.

And now because you like trump, my previous paragraph will have undone
all the good that my words before it did, and you'll decide that any
sense I seemed to make in the first 80% of this past is nonsense because
I remind you that trump thinks*** the disease is a hoax, and has
minimized it from the start, including even his weak endorsement
yesterday (more than two months after he and Melania got vaccinated but
didn't tell anyone).

**I only save "even" because Ted Cruz was the second-worst Republican
candidate, not because he wouldn't have whole heartedly opposed Corona.
***So he says.

**Never had a chance to use that word before. I hope you are all
impressed.

I am only lucky that my state is not run by the Branch Covidian cult
and we can get out and do things if we want. The results still have us
in the middle of the pack in spite of a very high median age, lots of
outsiders coming and going and nothing really closed.
States like California struggle to explain it and CNN is just
gobsmacked by it.