Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default jointers

On 3/18/2021 8:07 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 18 Mar 2021 09:44:01 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/17/2021 4:34 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
writes:
On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 11:36:04 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

My father had a craftsman 60+ years ago. It had the cast iron web
extension tables (double). It also had the finger-killer motor,
exposed, hanging off the back. Those were the days that one was
expected to know that table saws were dangerous. Bubble wrap hadn't
been invented yet so mothers hadn't started wrapping kids in it from
birth.

Yeah, everyone should be short a finger or two.

Sure, accidents never happen, so there is no point attempting
to prevent them.

Yeah! When you use all the safety rules and read the safety manual
before every use of the tool Nothing will happen. LOL

Sounds like me when the Saw Stop showed up and I was saying why not and
getting the response, If you are careful and don't do anything stupid
you will not get hurt.

Who among us has never done anything stupid?

Like spend time reading the Usenet?

That too! LOL