Posted to rec.woodworking

Default jointers

On Thu, 18 Mar 2021 09:40:30 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/17/2021 4:24 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 11:36:04 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 19:04:53 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03 wrote:

This might work for me, but I'd have to add the DC port and lose the bag
that I have under my saw now. Not that that would be a bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKILf1o7RTY

Perhaps make the lever on the back side rather than the middle? You'd
be able to keep the bag.

That might work but the torque wouldn't be centered. The slide piece would
be off to the side also and the imbalance might be an issue.

I'll watch the video more carefully and see if that will be a problem. It's worth
a test in any case.

I've also seen these on sale for about half what they want he
https://www.woodcraft.com/products/woodriver-retracting-casters

I bought a few of these for work benches for $25 each, IIRC. I
remember that they were really cheap (or I wouldn't have jumped on
them).

Something like those might help, but I think I'd still have 2 fixed wheels.

The way my TS is stored I only have access to 2 sides, the front
(sort of) and the left side. My lift lever is currently on the left side
which allows me to raise the left side of the TS and pull it straight
out. The first 12" of movement has to be straight because the right
side of the saw (the router table end) literally resides in a hole in
the wall.

That brings up a point that I wanted to make about the Bora bases.
Mine, at least, has the lift levers in the front and a flange that
mounts the wheels higher (axles tend to be at the center of wheels)
than the frame. These make for great trip hazards. This is another
reason to off-center the lift lever in the home-grown design we were
discussing.

So you can easily fix that. Simply swap the right for the left and visa
versa. The putts the lift levers on the ends instead of in front.

Then it rolls sideways. I could deal with that, probably but if
there's anything next to it, not so much. I mounted it backwards so
the levers are at the back. It stands out from the wall 6" more but
such is life.