Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Proper Exterior Door Install?

On Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 10:50:49 AM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
I made an exterior door for my nephew's pool house. The glass panes are installed from one side of the door. I'll call this insertion side Side A. When installing the door onto the house, which side of the door should face to the outside, Side A or the other side? Or does it not matter which side faces outward?

Sonny

Which side looks better and will be seen more often? ;-)

Whichever side is sealed to keep out (or in) wind, rain, odors, etc. should be
on the same side of whatever you are trying to keep out (or in).

Does the swing of the door impact (limit) your choices? Left or right? In or out?