Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Minimum Distance By Law that A/C unit must be from Neighbor

On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 10:58:17 PM UTC-4, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 19:01:28 -0400, micky
wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 16 Mar 2021 14:01:32 +0000, Jim
wrote:

My next door neighbor just put in a new 18,000 BTU Split unit & put the out side blowing device 4 feet from blowing powerful air

under our car Port were we entertain. Is that ok when they put ant
poison down & blow it at us ?

No contradiction to anything the others said. All of it good (at least
so far!) but are you saying the problem is the ant poison? Absolutely
if they are blowing ant poison onto your property that is a "nuisance"
and they can be made to stop. But before calling the government, can't
they switch to sticky strips, or liquid ant poison (is there such a
thing). Where are the ants getting into his house. Can't they just
seal that. I"m pretty sure the AC isn't next to a door.

Code enforcement might care if the AC is too close but you'll surely
have to point out the antpoison and I don't think they care about it.

Is 18,000 big?

Under?? your car port? Isn't it already on the ground?

Ander the side railing of the carport - like a fence it does NOT
touch the ground in many cases

What side railing? A car port can just be a roof, connected to the house,
open on three sides.