Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default OT: 'Self defrosting' freezers?

On 14 Mar 2021 at 14:25:57 GMT, "T i m" wrote:

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 13:34:35 +0000 (UTC), RJH
wrote:

snip

Ironically, because I was hoping to put an 'under counter' unit 'on' a
std worktop height surface, the 'handle' would end up being quite high
up? No issue for me but wouldn't be as obvious / easy for the Mrs (as
a real handle).

Yes, mine's on a tumble dryer - they're quite light.

Ah, interesting, and would you say opening the door with the handle
that high is easy / intuitive? Some magnet catch / seals are very
'catchy' ... no movement of the freezer itself (even when stood on a
TD) when you open it?

It'd be far too clumsy to use the handle at that height - even for a tall
person. I just pull the door open from the edge - it's quite a soft rubbery
open/close. Never even thought about it before you mentioned it!

--
Cheers, Rob