Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: 'Self defrosting' freezers?

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 13:34:35 +0000 (UTC), RJH
wrote:

snip

Ironically, because I was hoping to put an 'under counter' unit 'on' a
std worktop height surface, the 'handle' would end up being quite high
up? No issue for me but wouldn't be as obvious / easy for the Mrs (as
a real handle).

Yes, mine's on a tumble dryer - they're quite light.

Ah, interesting, and would you say opening the door with the handle
that high is easy / intuitive? Some magnet catch / seals are very
'catchy' ... no movement of the freezer itself (even when stood on a
TD) when you open it?

Nothing stopping me 3D printing a suitable handle and sticking it on
the edge with some suitably strong double sided tape etc.

Or fitting the door on upside down, placing the handle underneath, as
it might be on a combined upright fridge / freezer (assuming any door
molding / seal / hinge-mountings would allow).

Yes - you'd need to check quite carefully.

Noted, not easy to do pre purchase.

That said, if our local whitegoods supplier is still there, that's the
sort if thing they would let me try (along with running up all the
suction cleaners to measure their sound levels). ;-)

Cheers, T i m