Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I really don't mind...

In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Tim Streater
writes
On 13 Mar 2021 at 17:47:29 GMT, ARW wrote:

We started fitting wall lights on some new builds not so long ago and
most buyers loved them.

Most rooms that we redecorate, here, we're restoring the picture rails that
some swine has taken out.

Our first house, a Victorian semi, had a horizontal board fitted at
picture rail height in the *front room*.

We used it for displaying decorative plates but I have not seen it used
elsewhere since.

That was pretty common on period Scottish houses. Not seen it on English
ones.

--
*Preserve wildlife - Go pickle a squirrel*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.