Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default V-Safe for the Covid vaccine

wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 09:48:07 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, March 13, 2021 at 11:07:10 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 06:31:10 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 5:19:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 07:18:28 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 10:18:50 PM UTC-5,
wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 18:42:55 -0500, Frank "frank
wrote:

On 3/11/2021 2:33 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/11/2021 10:37 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/11/2021 1:12 PM, Frank wrote:

Lot of seniors have been confounded as to how to get the
vaccine. It
has been a crap shoot on signing up. It was a nightmare on
getting our
first shot. Traffic was lined up for miles and what should
have taken
an hour took four and a half. The second was given at a mass
event that
went smoothly but still took three hours with longer driving
distance.

There are also a lot of seniors and lower income that do not
have
computers. Most places seem to have a number to call and get
on a list
though.

Friend has no computer and just a dumbphone. I tried for over a
week to
sign him up. I was especially annoyed at the pharmacy websites
that
said YES WE HAVE IT HERE NOW but after filling in their form
there were
no appointments available anywhere in the state. When I asked
the local
pharmacist she said No, they hadn't been given any vaccine or
even told
when they would get some. Cluster****.

Finally I got him signed up at Dodger Stadium for both shots,
but the
*******s insisted on texting me (at 25 cents each) updates
instead of
sending email. I HATE THAT. My $10/year prepaid plan (which is
pretty
much perfect for me) charges on a per-call/per-text basis. I
NEVER want
to get texts. /rant

Got my shot Monday and Tuesday the county called with an
appointment as
I was on the list. Press 3 to decline. Two hours later,
another
automated call to verify that I declined.

Now I'm getting email from various doctors' offices about the
availability of vaccine. Oh goody.

My friend in PA also has property in NJ so was able to get a
shot there.
My friends in MA can get one but has to travel some distance
to a
stadium.

Should improve with the greater quantity being shipped now.

By the time they get the system working properly we won't need
it any
more. You know, just like everything else!

Problem is vaccine shortage. As supply increases it will be
easier to
get as all drug stores and doctors offices will have it. I read
that
while it is free for us, those that give it get $28/a shot.
My bet is this Covid shot will be an annual thing. Once they get
tooled up to make it, they won't want to stop making it and they
will
talk the Faucis of the world into saying we need it to fight the
variants, just like the flu.

One step away from Qanon crazy. You make it sound like some grand
conspiracy. If it's necessary, normal people see it as a necessary,
sound
solution to a pandemic, a public health crisis, a solution that will
save $$$$,
lost productivity, lost lives.

Not a grand conspiracy, just the government and industry doing what
they always do.
Even at a time when this thing seems to be winding down, Fauci is
still running around with his hair on fire. My guess is when we stop
worrying about the virus he will retire. That is likely to be by
Easter if Johns Hopkins is right.
We will have a better indication in a month.
If all of the Daytona bikers and spring breakers don't spike
infections back up to last spring levels in wide open Florida I think
this is on it's way to being history.
The question nobody has a decent answer to is how many people carry
antibodies from asymptomatic infections over the last year.
Now they are even suggesting this virus was here in November of 19
and
didn't get much notice until it got loose in the nursing homes and
other weakened elderly populations.

Who exactly is this "they"? It seems extremely unlikely, give the ease
with
which it spread and never stopped.

NBC carried the "November 2019" story a day or so ago. I have seen it
in other places too but I am not really paying that much attention. If
you don't like the current story, wait a few days, there will be a new
guess.

Just Googled for it and found nothing. I did find this:

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...covid-19-fall/

Yeah it is all from that Qanon rag Reuters one other outlets outside
the US.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22I1E3
https://www.sciencealert.com/covid-1...-december-2019
https://www.thehealthsite.com/news/c...-study-795731/
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/stud...r-2019/2073897

Sort of shoots the hell out of the idea this didn't leave China until
January.

Testing for that has never been a priority.

We still don't even know how long immunity will last on the
existing
strains.
If I am wrong, the joke will be on Moderna.

I don't see any joke.
It will be if they built a huge infrastructure for their only product
and that product is no longer needed. You better have shorted your
Moderna stock if that turns out to be true.

From what I've seen, Moderna didn't build a huge infrastructure for
anything.
AFAIK, they contracted out the manufacture of the vaccine, packaging,
etc.
And with huge worldwide demand for the vaccine, hundreds of millions of
doses, probably into the billions, the economics look excellent to me,
even if Covid is stamped out.

There is still a huge infrastructure built around this vaccine that
will be abandoned if the vaccine is a one time deal. I bet it isn't.

You keep claiming this huge infrastructure, but I see no evidence of it.

Yeah, Fauci is just mixing this stuff up in a drum in the basement of
Building 10 at NIH.

This is an entirely new class of drug

Bull**** it is with all but 2 of the vaccines and
that isnt even true of the 2 mRNA vaccines.

and you don't just stir it up in an old facility

Fraid you do with most of the vaccines.

or we would already have all we need. .

More utterly mindless bull****. The reason for
the delay was the phase III trials, ****wit.

I bet business being what it is and the NIH/CDC being an industry
driven bureaucracy, the recommendation is going to be for annual
boosters.

I expect that decision will be based on facts and science, not
conspiracy
theories.

Talk to me about this next summer

No point, you'll still be in Qanon land.

If I am not just puking out the government story of the day you accuse
me of being a Qanon guy. I didn't even know who they were until you
started talking about it and I looked it up.