Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Garrard 3000 will not start

On 13/03/2021 19:55, pinnerite wrote:
I was trying to reconnect an ampolifier inside the case of a long unused home-made record player. It was on its side and flipped over. Althought everything looks intact, the motor will now not start. Power is getting as far as a plug that fits into the motor.

I don't know whether to hang on to it or dump it. Who would want it not working?

The motors are usually simple shaded pole motors. If you're confident
power is getting to the motor then I suspect there is a thermal fuse
that has aged and let go.

It is often semi-accessible within or on the lop layer of winding.

Whether it is worth further investigation is your call on its value,
sentimental or otherwise.