Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Toilet pipe from cistern to pan size?

On 13/03/2021 11:44, R D S wrote:
On 12/03/2021 11:20, John Rumm wrote:
On 12/03/2021 10:37, George Miles wrote:

And 40mm solvent pipe is different size than 40mm pushfit pipe !

Yup, by design, so you don't try a solvent weld pushfit pipe (wrong
type of plastic)

aaaarrrggghhhh

Indeed... I keep a stock of both, and a few "universal" compression
fittings so you can transition from one to the other.

Buggeration,
Does this mean the 40mm pushfit I have sticking out of the wall from a
sink at work is no good for the boss i've bought for the soil stack?!

You can get rubber bosses that go on the end of pushfit, and allow it to
plug into a socket on a soil stack connector.

Alternatively you can use a "universal" (i.e. compression) elbow and
convert to solvent weld at that point, then use the plastic weldable
bosses designed for that.

Well it's too late now because the new floor isn't coming up! I sense a
bodge coming on.

I see you are supposed to use solvent weld outside, still learning.....

I have used solvent weld outside and its ok. Just make sure you have
adequate pipe clips in place so that it can't thermal cycle and pull apart.

--
Cheers,

John.