Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Toilet pipe from cistern to pan size?

On 13 Mar 2021 at 11:44:55 GMT, "R D S" wrote:

On 12/03/2021 11:20, John Rumm wrote:
On 12/03/2021 10:37, George Miles wrote:

And 40mm solvent pipe is different size than 40mm pushfit pipe !

Yup, by design, so you don't try a solvent weld pushfit pipe (wrong type
of plastic)

aaaarrrggghhhh

Indeed... I keep a stock of both, and a few "universal" compression
fittings so you can transition from one to the other.

Buggeration,
Does this mean the 40mm pushfit I have sticking out of the wall from a
sink at work is no good for the boss i've bought for the soil stack?!

Well it's too late now because the new floor isn't coming up! I sense a
bodge coming on.

I see you are supposed to use solvent weld outside, still learning.....

You can use a compression coupler/elbow if there's room. If it is visible and
outside it is at least easily replaceable if it leaks.

--
Roger Hayter