Posted to alt.home.repair
Heywood[_3_] Heywood[_3_] is offline

Default V-Safe for the Covid vaccine

On 3/11/2021 6:42 PM, Frank wrote:
On 3/11/2021 2:33 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/11/2021 10:37 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/11/2021 1:12 PM, Frank wrote:

Lot of seniors have been confounded as to how to get the vaccine.Â* It
has been a crap shoot on signing up.Â* It was a nightmare on getting our
first shot.Â* Traffic was lined up for miles and what should have taken
an hour took four and a half.Â* The second was given at a mass event
that
went smoothly but still took three hours with longer driving distance.

There are also a lot of seniors and lower income that do not have
computers.Â* Most places seem to have a number to call and get on a list
though.

Friend has no computer and just a dumbphone.Â* I tried for over a week
to sign him up.Â* I was especially annoyed at the pharmacy websites
that said YES WE HAVE IT HERE NOW but after filling in their form
there were no appointments available anywhere in the state.Â* When I
asked the local pharmacist she said No, they hadn't been given any
vaccine or even told when they would get some.Â* Cluster****.

Finally I got him signed up at Dodger Stadium for both shots, but the
*******s insisted on texting me (at 25 cents each) updates instead of
sending email.Â* I HATE THAT.Â* My $10/year prepaid plan (which is
pretty much perfect for me) charges on a per-call/per-text basis.Â* I
NEVER want to get texts.Â* /rant

GotÂ* my shot Monday and Tuesday the county called with an appointment as
I was on the list.Â* Press 3 to decline.Â* Two hours later, another
automated call to verify that I declined.

Now I'm getting email from various doctors' offices about the
availability of vaccine.Â* Oh goody.

My friend in PA also has property in NJ so was able to get a shot there.
My friends in MA can get one but has to travel some distance to a
stadium.

Should improve with the greater quantity being shipped now.

By the time they get the system working properly we won't need it any
more.Â* You know, just like everything else!

Problem is vaccine shortage.Â* As supply increases it will be easier to
get as all drug stores and doctors offices will have it.Â* I read that
while it is free for us, those that give it get $28/a shot.

Once approved, there are 10 million doses of Astra Zenica sitting in a
warehouse and more being made. Other countries have approved it and
want them but the US will not release them.