Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default V-Safe for the Covid vaccine

On 3/11/2021 10:18 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 18:42:55 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

On 3/11/2021 2:33 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/11/2021 10:37 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/11/2021 1:12 PM, Frank wrote:

Lot of seniors have been confounded as to how to get the vaccine.Â* It
has been a crap shoot on signing up.Â* It was a nightmare on getting our
first shot.Â* Traffic was lined up for miles and what should have taken
an hour took four and a half.Â* The second was given at a mass event that
went smoothly but still took three hours with longer driving distance.

There are also a lot of seniors and lower income that do not have
computers.Â* Most places seem to have a number to call and get on a list
though.

Friend has no computer and just a dumbphone.Â* I tried for over a week to
sign him up.Â* I was especially annoyed at the pharmacy websites that
said YES WE HAVE IT HERE NOW but after filling in their form there were
no appointments available anywhere in the state.Â* When I asked the local
pharmacist she said No, they hadn't been given any vaccine or even told
when they would get some.Â* Cluster****.

Finally I got him signed up at Dodger Stadium for both shots, but the
*******s insisted on texting me (at 25 cents each) updates instead of
sending email.Â* I HATE THAT.Â* My $10/year prepaid plan (which is pretty
much perfect for me) charges on a per-call/per-text basis.Â* I NEVER want
to get texts.Â* /rant

GotÂ* my shot Monday and Tuesday the county called with an appointment as
I was on the list.Â* Press 3 to decline.Â* Two hours later, another
automated call to verify that I declined.

Now I'm getting email from various doctors' offices about the
availability of vaccine.Â* Oh goody.

My friend in PA also has property in NJ so was able to get a shot there.
My friends in MA can get one but has to travel some distance to a
stadium.

Should improve with the greater quantity being shipped now.

By the time they get the system working properly we won't need it any
more.Â* You know, just like everything else!

Problem is vaccine shortage. As supply increases it will be easier to
get as all drug stores and doctors offices will have it. I read that
while it is free for us, those that give it get $28/a shot.

My bet is this Covid shot will be an annual thing. Once they get
tooled up to make it, they won't want to stop making it and they will
talk the Faucis of the world into saying we need it to fight the
variants, just like the flu.
We still don't even know how long immunity will last on the existing
strains.
If I am wrong, the joke will be on Moderna.

There are still some unknowns. Hopefully if needed it will be combined
with the annual flu shot.