Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: 'Self defrosting' freezers?

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 11/03/2021 12:05, Pancho wrote:
On 11/03/2021 12:00, Fredxx wrote:

A consequence of frost free is it dries its food contents. That water
comes from somewhere, and it generally from outside or the food. Chicken
is one thing I also change texture after being frozen in a frost free
freezer.

Normal freezers dry food too. Use airtight containers to prevent it, or
don't leave the food in too long.

Normal freezers also present a good door seal to the environment,

So does my frost free fridge and freezer. In fact its so good that
its much harder to open the door if you try to do that just after
you have opened and closed the door.

but yes, an airtight container would reduce the drying out / burning of
frozen food.

I dont get any of that in my frost free freezer.

I do in the manual defrost freezers.