Posted to alt.home.repair

Default V-Safe for the Covid vaccine

On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 13:37:49 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/11/2021 1:12 PM, Frank wrote:

Lot of seniors have been confounded as to how to get the vaccine.Â* It
has been a crap shoot on signing up.Â* It was a nightmare on getting our
first shot.Â* Traffic was lined up for miles and what should have taken
an hour took four and a half.Â* The second was given at a mass event that
went smoothly but still took three hours with longer driving distance.

There are also a lot of seniors and lower income that do not have
computers. Most places seem to have a number to call and get on a list
though.

Got my shot Monday and Tuesday the county called with an appointment as
I was on the list. Press 3 to decline. Two hours later, another
automated call to verify that I declined.

My friend in PA also has property in NJ so was able to get a shot there.
My friends in MA can get one but has to travel some distance to a
stadium.

Should improve with the greater quantity being shipped now.

It is strange here. We have snowbirds from Indiana getting their shots
here. My BIL is going back to Indiana to get his, no waiting, just
walk up and get it and my FIL is in Sebring right now getting his.
The County Emailed me last night to ask if I had mine yet so I assume
my name is close to the top of the pile.
It is sort of strange that we don't have a single clearing house but
they have at least 5 lines you can get in now. (Walmart/Sams, Winn
Dixie, CVS, the VA and Lee County).
I am getting conflicting info about the VA (do you have to be
registered as a medical patient there) but they are out of shots too.