Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: 'Self defrosting' freezers?

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 09/03/2021 22:57, T i m wrote:
The very old non-condensing tumble dryer that I haven't got-round
(bothered) fixing this time round

It's not very kind to the environment to own a tumble drier, especially a
non-condensing one; where all the heat is generally piped outside.

Mine's a condensing one, which goes to heat the bedroom.

The big question if I go under counter size is is the 'Frost free' or
'Self defrosting' (assuming they are the same?) ... worth having?

A convention freezer is more efficient, and while it might frost up it
does so slowly, and continues to work after an inch of ice.

Any 'frost' in a frost free or self defrosting freezer tends to make it
stop working.

Thats bull**** with a frost free.