Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Ethanol

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 11/03/2021 17:42, Chris B wrote:
On 11/03/2021 15:52, Custos Custodum wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 15:00:25 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Â*Â* Custos Custodum wrote:
Maybe we shouldn't get too fixed on the idea of "dissolving". There
can be no question that ethanol has a detrimental effect on perspex.

I'd be surprised to see Perspex used on a car fuel system. ;-)

My 1963 Mini had a short length of transparent plastic tubing leading
up to the carburettor (not perspex, but I can't remember the details).
Eventually it hardened and fractured.

Was very common on many engines in the 70s (particularly small engines
such as lawn-mowers) it is still sold as fuel pipe.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201575506495

I remember now. Neoprene

Still not transparent. See eBay link.

Tim