Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Central Machinery quality?

On Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 11:45:45 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 3/10/2021 5:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, March 10, 2021 at 3:46:20 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 3/10/2021 11:08 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, March 10, 2021 at 10:58:43 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 3/9/2021 8:43 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 08:09:01 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 3/8/2021 4:01 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 12:52:27 -0500, Jack wrote:

On 3/8/2021 11:02 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/8/2021 9:04 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/6/2021 10:51 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/5/2021 3:36 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

https://www.harborfreight.com/search...al%20machinery

They even carry leg sets. ;-)

https://www.harborfreight.com/29-inc...and-95128.html

Well what could go wrong with a steel stand? I might buy one of
those if I needed one. ;~)

Personally you couldn't give me one of those stands.
If you're a woodworker, particularly a hobbyist with limited space,
why not build your own?

Not be argumentative but the materials to build one, coupled with the
time to make it is probably going to cost me more than the HF model.

Ya gets what you pay for. If you can't afford a few construction grade
2x's to build a tool stand/cabinet, then you probably can't afford to do
much in your shop other than stare at your tools.

I understand a commercial shop might have a lots of space, and little
time to waste not producing money items, but that applies to few, if any
in this newsgroup.

Well, I have little time because I'm still employed but I have all the
space I need. I have about 2000ft^2 of unfinished basement. ;-)

I have enough room that none of the tools has to be moved. I do move
the lunchbox planer and drum sander to get them closer to the dust
collector.

You just need to get some more "flex" hose. LOL. I use a single 30'
flex hose.

I would have thought that there would be nothing left after 30' of
flex. I have some 4" PVC but no time to put it in right now. I'll
have to run it high for some lengths to get it over doors. I'd like
to do 6" but the fittings are ridiculous.

Nothing left? Do you mean suction?
Suction is great. I do have a Jet 1100 CFM with canister filter CD though.

And actually I use 3, 10' flex hoses with 2 couplings.

It keeps up with the planer and now jointer. Think no leaking joints
and eased bends instead of sharp 90 or 45 degree bends.

And So that I do not have to work around 30 feet of hose I go straight
up from the DC to the 3rd car garage rail. And along a 2x4 mounted on
that tail to the the opposite rail.
Then back to the floor. That uses up approximately 20' of hose. If I
need longer I lower the hose from the 2x4 to go straight to the floor.
Then I can go 30' out from the DC.

Nothing is permanent except for 30' of hose attached to my DC.

I have a similar setup, but with just under 20' of hose.

I have a Y fitting followed by 2 gates. One gate is for the dedicated
hose to the miter saw, the other gate is for the 20' of multipurpose
hose. 8' runs from the gate, along the ceiling and the remaining 12'
is "loose", usually coiled once and hung from hook that keeps it out
of my way. The loose hose can reach my bandsaw, bench sanders,
drill press, router table, etc. It's also used for my hand held tools e.g.
ROS and general cleanup.

The hose from the Y fitting connects to a Dust Devil and the system is