Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On Sun, 07 Mar 2021 23:18:35 -0000, Snit wrote:

On Mar 7, 2021 at 1:05:10 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

I am too cheap to buy a package tracker that works on both my computer and my
phone so I have a free on on each. They do not communicate -- but that is OK,
I only want some on my phone anyway. For those ones I right click on the item
on the computer one and select "Send to Mail" and then mail to an address I
have listed as "Package Tracker". Sometimes I only type the "pa" and wait for
it to autofill. Well, if I have recently emailed someone which that is
relevant to I will create an email to that person showing my tracking stuff.
Usually catch it... except once. Now I try to be a bit more careful. Patrick
did not want to know when the inflatable sheep was getting to my house.

What's a package tracker? If I want to see where something I've bought is, I go to the website of the company that's delivering it.

Even before the pandemic we did a lot of ordering online. Now we do more. If I
have packages coming from the USPS, UPS, FedEx, and others it is good to have
them all in one place. I generally have most on my desktop and then ones I
want with me on mobile also on my phone. Came in very handy the other day when
I shipped some stuff to a disabled friend in another city -- I knew when it
was delivered. I called him and he was able to get assistance bringing it
inside before it was stolen.

I just order stuff and get it when it arrives. If it's late, I contact the seller. I see no need to track anything.