Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On Sun, 07 Mar 2021 23:16:10 -0000, Snit wrote:

On Mar 7, 2021 at 12:47:12 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 19:48:17 -0000, Snit wrote:

On Mar 6, 2021 at 11:45:08 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On Fri, 05 Mar 2021 01:37:49 -0000, Snit wrote:

On Mar 4, 2021 at 4:02:19 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
:

On 04/03/2021 00:42, Snit wrote:
On Mar 3, 2021 at 5:26:13 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
:

Windows 10 has a bug (oh, you use a mac, must blame your fingers instead) - sometimes copying doesn't do anything, so you end up pasting the last thing from the clipboard, which could be rude!

I am trying to get used to control+option+1, 2, 3, for my past several
clipboards (I have a clipboard manager) but find it is easier to use the menu
in most cases. Who can remember what you copied and in what order? I do pin
the manager to the side of my screen if I am using it a lot so I can use the
hot keys.

I'm happy with a single copy! ;-)

Most of the time it is fine... but good to be able to quickly find things you
copied a bit ago. I have more clipboards than I can imagine using: 200. That
is their default and to change it you have to pay a few bucks for the "Pro"
version. Not worth it to me.

If you care, this is what I use: https://copyless.net

Or at the App Sto https://apps.apple.com/app/id993841014

All it would add is syncing between computers and changing the 200 up or down.

Thanks for the tip!

The main thing I use it for is just having a searchable list of things I have
copied through the day. Useful in many situations.

I usually do a quick test post before I send in anger (as it were!)

I have been hitting the "send" button as my brain registers an error and
screams "NOOOOOOOO!"

haha! :-D I've done that too!

I think it is a very human thing to do. It is odd, though, in that at least
for me part of my brain seems to know to NOT hit the send button but the
muscle memory is already doing it almost on auto-pilot.

Some things in life cannot be undone. Posting a letter, you can't get it back out.

Trouble with computers is a lot of things have "edit undo". If only real life had that, we could have so much fun.

I love hearing people speak of how things that are unclear are "pixelated" or
how they "deleted" something they thew out. Human thinking os weird.

They would have to be really geeky to use computer terminology in everyday life. I've never heard anyone say that.

Or maybe just geeky to catch it.

Geeks wouldn't mind it. Non-geeks would think it sounded rediculous.