Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On Sun, 07 Mar 2021 22:41:01 -0000, Max Demian wrote:

On 07/03/2021 19:47, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 19:48:17 -0000, Snit wrote:
On Mar 6, 2021 at 11:45:08 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

Some things in life cannot be undone. Posting a letter, you can't
get it back out.

Trouble with computers is a lot of things have "edit undo". If only
real life had that, we could have so much fun.

I love hearing people speak of how things that are unclear are
"pixelated" or
how they "deleted" something they thew out. Human thinking os weird.

They would have to be really geeky to use computer terminology in
everyday life. I've never heard anyone say that.

You can put bread in the toaster "landscape" or "portrait".

That's not computer terminology. Photographers used those words for a long time.

Or try to enlarge print on a page by stretching it (unpinching?) with your
fingers. I've heard.

That's just confusing interfaces. Ever tried to open a kitchen cupboard door as though it had a push down handle like your house doors?