Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default 'Right to repair' law to come in this summer

We tend to buy mainly Bosch appliances one of the reasons being the availability of spare parts. Their website has nice exploded diagrams of all their appliances with all the parts clearly listed and so far I have always been able to source any required part without restriction. The only thing you cannot get are the service manuals and I hope the right to repair will make them available, then again making them only available to €śtrained professionals€ť is another way of cashing in by offering repair courses.

Some years back we owned a series of Nissan cars and they used to sell the official workshop manuals and I got one which was the size of a telephone book. It was OK for a lot of the standard jobs but you soon got into jobs that needed this or that service tool. Whereas a Haynes manual might recommend using a Castrol grease tin to drift in a bearing, no such chance with the official manual.

Richard