Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default I really don't mind...

On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 12:25:28 +0000, Chris Green wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
...two crows falling down the chimney - presumably engaging in sexual
activities.

I don't even mind them knocking off all the lampshades, from the wall
lights, but I do draw the line at them ****ting on the walls and floor.

They're probably Jackdaws, i.e. they are members of the crow family
along with Rooks, Carrion Crows, etc.

We have lots of jackdaws living in our chimney, fortunately for both
the jackdaws and us the chimney is no longer functional and is blocked
off in the middle of the house somewhere.

I'd lit a fire probably the first after a summer and the smoke
back-winded - which it did occasionally anyway, then some soot and
then one very startled Little Owl, which then proceeded to flutter
around the lounge and curtains depositing soot enroute. Eventually
caught it, gave it a brushing, put it somewhere dark with a drink and
let it go a few hours later. Not a twit-twoo of thanks.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?