Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Central Machinery quality?

On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 08:09:01 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 3/8/2021 4:01 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 12:52:27 -0500, Jack wrote:

On 3/8/2021 11:02 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/8/2021 9:04 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/6/2021 10:51 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/5/2021 3:36 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

https://www.harborfreight.com/search...al%20machinery

They even carry leg sets. ;-)

https://www.harborfreight.com/29-inc...and-95128.html

Well what could go wrong with a steel stand?* I might buy one of
those if I needed one.* ;~)

Personally you couldn't give me one of those stands.
If you're a woodworker, particularly a hobbyist with limited space,
why not build your own?

Not be argumentative but the materials to build one, coupled with the
time to make it is probably going to cost me more than the HF model.

Ya gets what you pay for. If you can't afford a few construction grade
2x's to build a tool stand/cabinet, then you probably can't afford to do
much in your shop other than stare at your tools.

I understand a commercial shop might have a lots of space, and little
time to waste not producing money items, but that applies to few, if any
in this newsgroup.

Well, I have little time because I'm still employed but I have all the
space I need. I have about 2000ft^2 of unfinished basement. ;-)

I have enough room that none of the tools has to be moved. I do move
the lunchbox planer and drum sander to get them closer to the dust
collector.

You just need to get some more "flex" hose. LOL. I use a single 30'
flex hose.

I would have thought that there would be nothing left after 30' of
flex. I have some 4" PVC but no time to put it in right now. I'll
have to run it high for some lengths to get it over doors. I'd like
to do 6" but the fittings are ridiculous.