Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Central Machinery quality?

On 3/9/2021 12:15 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

On another entirely different note. We were discussing the great freeze
down here in Texas a couple of weeks ago and I mentioned a broken fire
hydrant.

Your mentioned, IIRC, the break was probably not caused by the freeze.
And I was going to inquire.

In our monthly MUD meeting this morning I asked our operator about the
hydrant, which the repair cost was brought to the board's attention.

The operator knew of an issue with this hydrant before the freeze.

And he did indeed report that normally the top of the hydrant is
empty/void of water, just as you pointed out. I saw that one and
assumed more, because of the freeze.

The hydrants in our district are inspected regularly and repainted, we
get reports on the condition of the hydrants periodically.