Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Central Machinery quality?

On 3/9/2021 9:19 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/9/2021 5:56 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
On Tue, 09 Mar 2021 04:25:19 +0000, Spalted Walt
wrote:

Jack wrote:

On 3/8/2021 12:21 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
knuttle writes:

like Lyndon Johnson "War On Poverty" did in the 50 years ago.
Remember=20
how successful that democrat policy was?

Yes, I do remember.Â* It was quite successful in bringing large numbers
of Americans out of poverty.
It was certainly successful in destroying the black community,
something
Johnson himself knew would happen. If you think living on welfare and
food stamps is living "out of poverty" you are dead wrong!

It was worth it though, because the black community suddenly needed the
commies in power to survive, or so they were led to believe.

+1
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9f/64/04/9f6404b1f059ab934f72c9988b7a15ea--democratic-party-american-presidents.jpg

According to official figures that do _not_ count food stamps or
welfare as income, the poverty rate fell from about 22.5% to 11.2%
between 1959 and 1974.

The trouble is that it hasn't fallen much more since, despite
government spending on poverty programs going from 100 billion in 1974
to over 500 billion in 2011.

Clearly that extra 400 billion isn't going anywhere that actually
helps people and we as a society should be trying to find out why.

Pay people to do nothing, and make them feel good about doing nothing,
and guess what they do?

Welfare is NOT designed to help the needy, it's designed to MAKE people
needy, just as Johnson planned, as noted in the above quote.

And all this time I thought Welfare was to increase the left's voter
base. ;!)