Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Hem Jung Hem Jung is offline

Default Eneloop D adapter help

On 3/9/21 10:04 AM, Peter W. wrote:
By the way, some suggested using the right battery for the right job.
To my knowledge, Eneloop doesn't make a D cell. Others do, but I only
trust Eneloop. They do have multi AA to D adapters, but for the small
amount of current drawn, I went with a single AA to D this time around.

That is your choice, of course. But there are many manufacturers as reliable and established as Panasonic that do not require you to indulge in a questionable exercise to adapt to the basic inadequacies of their designs. In addition, one does wonder what Panasonic would do in the case of a spectacular failure within the warranty period - would they perform, or not? After all, your adaptation did alter their design - under very nearly any scenario, that voids any warranty, expressed or implied.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...ble-batteries/
https://reactual.com/portable-electr...batteries.html
https://www.ign.com/articles/best-re...able-batteries

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

The thing is, these are being used in equipment that is seldom used,
maybe occasionally (half a dozen times) a year and even then for brief
periods. What attracted me to Eneloop a decade ago is that I still have
electronics with the original Eneloops that have not been recharged for
nine years and they still come on and work properly after all that time.
Plus, I can leave them in the equipment and not be concerned with
leakage, something I often encountered with regular batteries.