Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Central Machinery quality?

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 13:29:48 -0500, Jack wrote:

On 3/8/2021 12:17 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Jack writes:
On 3/6/2021 10:51 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/5/2021 3:36 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

https://www.harborfreight.com/search...al%20machinery

They even carry leg sets. ;-)

https://www.harborfreight.com/29-inc...and-95128.html

Well what could go wrong with a steel stand?Â* I might buy one of those
if I needed one.Â* ;~)

Personally you couldn't give me one of those stands.
If you're a woodworker, particularly a hobbyist with limited space, why
not build your own?

They start off wrong because they have no storage, so waste whatever
space they use.

For which all you need is a wooden base with castors. Bolt the
steel stand to the base, slap some 1/4" plywood on three sides
of the steel stand and you have a storage compartment.

I've repurposed several stands in a similar fashion.

That's WAY below my standards, and my standards ain't all that high.
Anyway, what's the point of 3 sides? Just stack your crap on the
base/bottom shelf?

So you can stack more crap without it falling on the floor, of course.