Posted to uk.d-i-y
robert robert is offline

Default Amazon Prime - inertia selling?

On 04/03/2021 11:20, JohnP wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in
:

"pinnerite" wrote in message
news:20210303182348.ca9093534f36931cc581e2f8@gmail .com...
I found a "subscription" charge for Ł7.99 marked Amazon Prime.
I have never knowingly signed up.

I think it might be one of those almost-concealed bits of wording
that could easily be missed.
Next, you've got a monthly Ł7.99 charge!

I think this amounts to inertia selling which is illegal under both
UK and EU law.

I am determined to follow thus up.

They will in fact reverse that charge and cancel the prime service if
you ring them.

I recently bought something and tried very hard to not agree to Prime - but
in my rush to get an order completed I accidentally agreed to Prime. Howver
it is very easy to cancel if you go into your accound and "Manage My
Account" or similar. I have saved the email acknowldegement.

Having just done my first Amazon order for a long time, I now realise
what the hurdles are in avoiding Amazon Prime - could hardly believe the
hassle involved !